Janet grew up on Ayr Mount’s grounds.. the same grounds her father lovingly cared for and maintained all her life. This historic home, beautiful & stately, holds so much significance for this sweet family and it set the tone for what was one of the most loving and heartfelt wedding days I’ve ever experienced.
I arrived at Ayr Mount and the family’s kitchen was buzzing with last minute baking and frosting. Janet’s mother Schatzie was busy finishing the scores of cakes, pastries, breads & cookies she was making for her daughter’s wedding day. What a labor of love.. and after it was all finished, she quietly helped her daughter into her wedding dress, and walked to the sprawling front lawn where Collin & Janet wed.
Janet & Collin have a love that reminds you of how important love is. They teemed with it and it was a gift to witness. Janet & Collin.. thank you for being who you are and for reminding us that love is everything.
Here is their story:
- Venue: Ayr Mount, Hillsborough, NC
- Flowers: The English Garden
- Cakes & Desserts: Janet’s momma, Schatzie
- Bride’s Dress: Suzanne Neville
- Bride’s Shoes: Alexandre Birman + Givenchy
- Bride’s Necklace: Vintage
- Bridesmaids’ Dresses: J. Crew
- Caterer: Durham Catering Company
- Ceremony Musicians: Musica Musicians
- DJ: Joe Bunn
- Second Photographer: Vanessa L Photography